Quotes on Pranab Mukherjee:– Pranab Mukherjee is an Indian politician who served as the 13th President of India from 2012 until 2017. In a political career spanning six decades, Mukherjee was a senior leader of the Indian National Congress and occupied several ministerial portfolios in the Government of India.
Prior to his election as President, Pranab Mukherjee was Union Finance Minister from 2009 to 2012 and the Congress party’s top troubleshooter.
Pranab Mukherjee was born on 11 December 1935 in Mirati in Birbhum District in West Bengal, India, into a Brahmin family. His father was very active in the Indian independence movement and was jailed several times for his involvement in the freedom struggle. His father was also a longtime member of the Indian National Congress.
Pranab Mukherjee attended the Suri Vidyasagar College in Suri and earned an MA degree in political science and history. He then furthered his education and received an LL.B degree from the department of law of the University of Calcutta. Pranab Mukherjee embarked on a professional career as a college teacher when he began teaching political science at the Vidyanagar College in 1963.
2. “India is a land of plenty inhibited by poverty; India has an enthralling, uplifting civilization that sparkles not only in our magnificent art but also in the enormous creativity and humanity of our daily life in city and village.”
3. “I have seen vast, perhaps unbelievable, changes during the journey that has brought me from the flicker of a lamp in a small Bengal village to the chandeliers of Delhi.”
4. “No problems are ever resolved by violence. It only aggravates the pain and the hurt on every side.”
5. “If the rise of European colonization began in 18th century India, then the rallying cry of ‘Jai Hind!’ also signaled its end in 1947.”
6. “Our federal Constitution embodies the idea of modern India: it defines not only India but also modernity.”
7. “The government of India and the government of Jammu and Kashmir are determined to ensure that every Kashmiri lives with dignity having equal rights and equal opportunities.”
8. “India is content with itself and driven by the will to sit on the high table of prosperity. It will not be reflected in its mission by noxious practitioners of terror.”
9. “As Indians, we must, of course, learn from the past; but we must remain focused on the future. In my view, education is the true alchemy that can bring India its next golden age.”
10. “I personally believe that the office of the President of India is not to be sought. It is to be offered.”
Read More Quotes:-