Top 10 Quotes on Adam Osborne:- Adam Osborne was a Thailand-born British-American author, book, and software publisher, and computer designer who founded several companies in the United States and elsewhere.He is known as the inventor Laptop. Adam Osborne is one of the important and influential roles in the early history of the manufacture of personal computers (PC) and makes the first portable computer that is now known as Laptop.
He was born in Thailand in 1939, and spent his childhood in Tamil Nadu, South India, with his parents are British. He moved to England at the age of 11 years. In 1961 he graduated from the University of Birmingham, England, as a young scholar in the field of chemical engineering. After that, he moved to the United States and graduated from the University of Delaware and earned a doctorate in chemical engineering. Later, he worked in a mining company Shell Oil.
Adam Osborne continued loss of jobs as a writer and in 1972 tried to establish Osborne and Associates, a company engaged in the field of writing computer manuals that are simple, convenient, and easy to read for computer enthusiasts. He also wrote a book entitled “The Value of Power”, which later changed its title to “An Introduction to Microcomputers”. He tried to offer the book to a publisher who was in town. However, unfortunately, they were rejected. He never despairs. Then, he decided to try to publish the book itself.
Top 10 Quotes on Adam Osborne:-
1. “We can learn from IBM’s successful history that you don’t have to have the best product to become number one. You don’t even have to have a good product.”
2. “The small businessman is smart; he realizes there’s no free lunch. On the other hand, he knows where to go to get a good inexpensive sandwich.”
3. “The future lies in designing and selling computers that people don’t realize are computers at all.”
4. “The guy who knows about computers is the last person you want to have created documentation for people who don’t understand computers.”
5. “People think computers will keep them from making mistakes. They’re wrong. With computers, you make mistakes faster.”
6. “Adequacy is sufficient.”
7. “Money coming in says I’ve made the right marketing decisions.”
8. “With bundled machines, you can throw away the hardware and keep the software, and it’s still a good buy.”
9. “There’ll be a special place in hell for the tape backup people.”
10.”Venture capitalists are like lemmings jumping on the software bandwagon.”